CRANBERRY BREAD PUDDING with CARAMEL SAUCE
By Better Living Center
6 cups Sourdough French bread cubes (8-12 ounces – fill pan)
½ cup dried, sweetened cranberries
½ cup dried apricots, chopped fine
2 cups hazelnut, vanilla or Plain Silk Soy Creamer
2 cups vanilla soy milk
2 Tbsp Earth Balance margarine, melted
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon or cardamom
¼ tsp salt
1-1/2 cups Sucanat Organic Brown Sugar
1/8 cup unbleached flour
1 cup Soy Silk Creamer
½ cup Earth Balance margarine
2 tsp vanilla
1) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread cubes in sprayed 9”X13” baking pan. Sprinkle dried fruit evenly over breadcrumbs.
2) Mix together creamer, margarine, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon or cardamom, and salt. Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely.
3) Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
4) Serve warm with caramel sauce
1) Mix sugar and flour in 2-quart saucepan
2) Stir in Soy Creamer and bring a slow boil.
3) Reduce heat and stir in margarine and vanilla, cooking unit reaches desired thickness.
“I come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly.”
Healthy Lifestyle Center, 4300 N River Rd., Rogue River, Oregon
541-582-1262 – email@example.com – rrsda.com