By Sharon Witcombe
2 Tbs. oil
1 large onion, chopped
6-8 cups water with 2 Tbs. chicken-like seasoning
1-2 tsp. salt to taste
2 cups beets, chopped or grated
1 ½ cups cubed or grated potato
2 large carrots, chopped or grated
2 cups cabbage, shredded
Beet greens from the beets, chopped
2-3 cups tomato puree
1 tsp. dill weed, dried or ¼ c. fresh dill, chopped
1 Tbs. lemon juice, fresh
1. Sauté chopped onion in oil.
2. Then add water, veggies and salt and cook until veggies are tender, adding more water for the desired consistency.
3. When almost tender, add tomato puree and dill. Cook until tender.
4. Add lemon juice just before serving.
5. Put a dollop of sour cream on each bowl of soup.